Community Update and Plans for 2019

5 replies
Major_Steel 5th Leader
Votes:
+907
Level 9
LEVEL 9
Fifth Dimension Gaming!

Fidelity-Integrity-Camaraderie-Excellence! The best place to game!

Hello and Happy New Year,

I hope all is well with you as Fifth Dimension Gaming enters its 7th year!

It has been a while since there has been a Community Update. Although I have not been in game as much as in the past, I am still active and have my "eye on the ball" to continue to grow. Growth would not be possible without your participation. I appreciate your efforts.

In the last Calendar year we added 428 members to the website. Over 500 on each Discord and TeamSpeak. There is some overlap.

Our largest group continues to be Warships and second, Tanks. We have added support to several new games and are in need of Admins, Moderators, Callers and Recruiters for these, namely Fortnite, Battlefield V, Conqueror's Blade, Overwatch, Player's Unknown Battlegound, League of Legends, etc. Most of the players for these games are on Discord. We will continue to add games as they come out. Please let me know if there is a game you would like to see or lead.

2 games are being re-invigorated: Star Citizen and War ThunderStar Citizen and War Thunder. Star Citizen had moved its comms to Discord. War Thunder is on both voice platforms. Star Citizen, the game, is playable and still is in development. We have started recruiting again. Our organization is found here: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/orgs/FFDCITIZEN For War Thunder please contact mikemjk to get involved with that group. War Thunder group in game is: -5D-

I plan on downsizing the website when I am able. I will keep all the basics, have a generic application and forums. This is not high on my priority list but will eventually get done.

Our success is based on several reasons:

#1 is you! #1 is you! Our Community Members are the best out there. This goes a long way to providing a great place to game. Everyone is here to have a good time. We help each other out online and in real life too. We are a family.

There are other reasons as well:

• 2) Stability - we started over 6 years ago and have grown steadily since. Our leadership is stable and has provided guidance towards our success.
  • 3) Voice Platforms - Our TeamSpeak is probably one of the most consistently active over the last 6 years. When people enter for the first time they are impressed by the size and organization as well as the number of online members 24/7. Lets keep this up. Our TeamSpeak is not going anywhere. I hope to replicate its success in our Discord.
  • 4) No Drama - We abhor drama and quash it quickly.
  • 5) No Dues -
    It costs nothing to belong. There are generous members who contribute money to help defray the costs. They are appreciated and we could not do it without them. There is no requirement to donate money.

If you can not donate, there are many other ways to contribute including always representing Fifth Dimension in a good light, recruiting more members, being active in TeamSpeak and Discord and helping each other out.
    It costs nothing to belong. There are generous members who contribute money to help defray the costs. They are appreciated and we could not do it without them. There is no requirement to donate money.

If you can not donate, there are many other ways to contribute including always representing Fifth Dimension in a good light, recruiting more members, being active in TeamSpeak and Discord and helping each other out.

I do need some help in a couple of areas going forward:

1) Discord -
Discord is free, better voice quality, has a free phone app, you can voice chat, post messages, stream, synch with Spotify, video chat, etc. Our Discord has over 500 members, usually over 100 logged in at any given time. It has taken me about a year to build this up. I would like to reach 1,000 in the next few months. The numbers do make it easier to recruit members but more will stick and be active if there is activity in the voice channels.

I request that all of our members download the Discord client and join our Discord and idle in a voice channel while online.I request that all of our members download the Discord client and join our Discord and idle in a voice channel while online.I request that all of our members download the Discord client and join our Discord and idle in a voice channel while online. An active Discord will only help everyone add numbers to their groups. This is not a lot to ask. I have placed some links below to help you get started. If you have any questions let me know. When entering please let me know the game and region and I'll get your roles set.

2) Admins, Moderators, Recruiters and Callers- I am looking for all of these for our new games to build them into successful groups. Please contact me here or on Discord.

3) Your continued support in growing the Community in any way that is productive.

- Download for the Discord Computer App/Client or setup in your browser: https://discordapp.com/

- Discord Review: https://www.tomsguide.com/us/what-is-discord,review-5203.html

- Fifth Dimension Gaming's Server Link: https://discord.gg/2qu6C7V

Thanks again for all of your help. I look forward to a great 2019 for Fifth Dimension Gaming,

Major_Steel
Major_Steel.jpg
Posted Jan 6, 19 · OP · Last edited Jan 20, 19
StumpyMcDugal Gamer AdminComm DeputyDiplomat VIPAW OFFICER
Votes:
+83
Level 4
LEVEL 4
For the members on Discord, you can show your support by adding [5D] before your name. We're almost five-thousand strong!

[5D] Stumpy
34838ye.jpg
Posted Jan 7, 19
List
Undo
Major_Steel 5th Leader
Votes:
+907
Level 9
LEVEL 9
Bump, new Discord Permalink.
Major_Steel.jpg
Posted Jan 20, 19 · OP
Major_Steel 5th Leader
Votes:
+907
Level 9
LEVEL 9
Bump for the new guys (and old guys).
Major_Steel.jpg
Posted Feb 12, 19 · OP
Major_Steel 5th Leader
Votes:
+907
Level 9
LEVEL 9
Hello all,

I have noticed traffic and applications to the website have slowed to the point that it is not justified to continue the website in its present form. We have 74 days left at the current rate. I will either pare back the website considerably or eliminate it. This is not a cost issue it is a time issue (maintenance) and Community use issue (not being used).

I have also been monitoring the TeamSpeak and the highest member count we ever get on there is 66 at a time for the past 12 months. I have reduced the slots from 100 to 75. I think in the future, not anytime soon, it will become necessary to move everyone to our Discord (better platform and free). This is the platform of the future so we should support our Discord and get used to our Discord.
This is not a cost issue this is a keeping ahead of the curve issue.

I have made a request in the past that all members join our Discord and idle there or use it so, if and when we make the move, we will have a robust and active Discord. If we have a large user base and people on voice then it is easier to attract and keep members. This will be key to our survival.

I am requesting this once again. Please sign on our Discord and start getting used to using and manipulating it. I would encourage all your group members to do the same. Its a great backup if TS is down. I can place any rooms or roles you need.

Fifth Dimension's Discord Permalink: https://discord.gg/2qu6C7V
When you join please list your game and region so I or one of the moderators can get your roles set.

You can run it in your browser or through an App: https://discordapp.com/download

There is also an app available for your iPhone, Ipad: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/discord/id985746746?mt=8

The App for android is here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.discord&hl=en_US

Please let me know what you think about the above or if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Major
Major_Steel.jpg
Posted Mar 1, 19 · OP · Last edited Mar 1, 19
ChronicallyChronic Petty Office
Votes:
+1
While I am a newer member I have been part of large clans in the past. I would suggest maintaining the web page is important an a recruiting tool, it is something which helps to set and project an image for the organization. It presents a level of professionalism which is not present with most other clans, the web page helps to set 5D apart from “the other guys”.
Posted Mar 1, 19
List
Undo
Birthdays
There are no birthdays today.
Upcoming birthdays (11)
Blackship Commander E:
Birthday on Fri 22 Mar, 2019
Wisendorf Armored WarfLance Corpor
Birthday on Sat 23 Mar, 2019
Zombiism Armored WarfLance Corpor
Birthday on Mon 25 Mar, 2019